Credits

myWeb-Blog Designs

Friday, December 31, 2010

Knitting Is A Way To Share Love

Guest post from: Denver Stephens


I don't think I could say enough about the wonders of knitting. I taught myself to knit many many years ago and have not forgotten the pleasure it brought. Although I have not knitted anything at all for the last few years, I know that I could pick it up again, anytime I wished. The thing about knitting is that it is kind of like riding a bike, you just don't forget how to do it.


In fact, I think I am going to go dig out my knitting needles and find some yarn that has been hiding for several years and hone my skills again while I'm watching satellite TV from www.DirectStarTV.com tonight. That's the way I learned it to knit to begin with, just sitting in front of the television. I felt like that sometimes I was wasting my time idly watching the tube, so I began to knit. This turned into a wonderful hobby and allowed me to create something beautiful at the same time.


What I found as I learned to knit was that family and friends admired what I had created so much that I was knitting things to give away as gifts at Christmas time. I still see some of those creations in the homes of the people I care about. Knitting provided me a way of sharing my love.


No comments: