Credits

myWeb-Blog Designs

Monday, October 20, 2008

I Love Grilled Foods

My family loves to eat, and so I cook a lot, that is one of my passions. I especially love to eat a healthy food that is why I only served healthy foods for them esp. my hubby who is trying to lose weight. In the country where I was born, raised and came from we hardly eat foods that have quite a bit of oil; and I am used to eating foods that are barbequed, boil, baked and steamed. Barbeque is one I often do with meat and fish. A barbeque grills is very useful to me; it makes it easier to barbeque unlike when I was growing up, we only use the old fashioned way , like when you go camping. Anyway, here is one of my favorite recipes.

Greek Lamb Barbeque

1/2 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons dried oregano
4 teaspoons olive oil
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound lean lamb, trimmed of fat and cut into 1 inch cubes
16 cherry tomatoes
1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large onion, cut into 1-inch wedges

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oregano, oil and garlic. Set aside 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour the remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
2. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread lamb, tomatoes, green pepper and onion. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Baste with reserved marinade. Grill 8-10 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning and basting frequently.

If you love to grill and need barbeque grill and stuff associated with griling, ibuybarbeques.com is the best place for you to buy them. Go check them out!

No comments: