Credits

myWeb-Blog Designs

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sleep Apnea

When I was pregnant with my son, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. I didn’t know that such disorder existed in me till they noticed the way I breath. My doctor told me that it was not good for me and my baby inside to have this disease especially that I was pregnant. They told me that I am depriving the baby inside me with oxygen. So I went to a sleep test, and soon enough I have sleep apnea . Then, I have to use a CPAP machine when sleeping, even when taking a nap. I knew then that I have it because every time I wake up from nap and sleep, I have terrible headache, was snoring loud, and wakes up with gasping sensation, dry throat and feel sleepiness and even falls asleep when watching T.V. or while sitting in a car traveling for an hour or so. I asked the doctor what was the cause of it. He told me, it was my high blood pressure. My husband has sleep apnea, too! And still uses CPAP machine. On the other hand my sleep apnea was gone as soon as I gave birth to my son, plus my blood pressure is under control now by medicines. These are some more signs to look for if you think you have sleep apnea: frequent cessation of breathing ( apnea) during sleep, your sleep partner may notice repeated silences from your side of the bed, personality changes, choking, gasping, or gagging during sleep to get air into the lungs, waking up sweating during the night, feeling unrefreshed in the morning after a night’s sleep, rapid weight gain, memory loss and learning difficulties and depression. You need to see the doctor as soon as you noticed that you suffered some of these signs. You can also find a Sleep Disorder Treatment Center in your area by going to SleepDisordersGuide.com

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,

I have a similar story. If you want more information, check out the videos on www.sleepguide.com. They give some good information about what to look out for and the seriousness of this very common disorder.

Best,
Michael

Chubskulit Rose said...

I don't know what i have, i just can't sleep good ate....

Unknown said...

i think my sleep apnea website can give you some good information -- sign up free to my website by clicking here: http://www.sleepguide.com/?xgi=0R32z9F

Best,
Mike

Cecile said...

you may just have insomia, Rose!

unless you have some symptoms just like i mentioned here..

i am sure you don't have it :-)

Cecile said...

thanks guys for your comments and suggestions.

Danah said...

thanks for the info dear!

Cecile said...

you are welcome, danah dear :-)