Credits

myWeb-Blog Designs

Monday, July 20, 2009

"You're Ready, My Dear"

"You're Ready, My Dear", a great story about the principle of preparation. I was very touched after reading this story by: Ruth Hardy Funk

Last year, standing in the wings behind the curtain moments before a magnificently inspiring young artists' music festival, I witnessed a performance that touched my heart - maybe even more than the performance on the stage, but certainly as much.

A prayer had been offered in behalf of each of the young performers that their hard weeks - yes, even years - of conscientious preparation might be drawn from at this moment to ensure a masterful performance. Eyes were moist; hearts were touched as strength and unity of family members lent confidence and encouragement to each performer. At that moment a father, appearing proud and grateful, quickly leaned forward, gave his beautiful young daughter a tender kiss on the cheek, and whispered, "You're ready, my dear." And her next step was on stage, alone - a solo flight.

No comments: