Credits

myWeb-Blog Designs

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sneakng a Peek at Your Medical Records

There were times when I was at the doctor's office sneaking a peek at my medical records. I was afraid of getting caught that is why. Do you feel the same way when you tried to peek at your medical records? I am sure you did it at least once. Anyway, I have found out that the medical records I have been stealing glances should be available to me at any time and for any reason. We have the right to access our medical records according to the Federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, which took effect a few years ago. That means, we are free to view, correct or ask questions about our records, and even take away copies of pertinent sections next time we are in the doctor's office. No sneaking required :-)!

No comments: