Credits

myWeb-Blog Designs

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Be Yourself!

Ever since I was a little kid, I didn't want to be me. I wanted to be Billie Widdleton and Billie Widdleton didn't even like me. I walked like he walked, I talked like he talked, and I signed up for the same high school he signed up for...which was when Billie changed. He began to hang around Herby Verderman. He walked like Herby and he talked like Herby. He mixed me all up! I began to walk like Billie Widdleton, walking and talking like Herby Venderman. And then it dawned on me that Herby Vanderman walked and talked like Joey Haverlin. And Joey walked and talked like Corky Sabinson. So here I am walking and talking like Billie Widdleton's imitation of Herby Vanderman's version of Joey Haverlin, trying to walk and talk like Corky Sabinson. And who do you think Corky Sabinson is always walking and talking like, of all people: Doepy Willington, that little pest who walks and talks like ME!
-Unknown Author-

I got this thought from a friend at church; and thought it is very nice thing to think about as we try to discover ourselves and our full potential to become what we want to be and most importantly, what God wants us to become. It is very important to be who we are and not what others want us to become. It is indeed important what God think of us, than what people would think of us.

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

What an enlightening thought of the day--Thanks,Ate!

Cecile said...

you are welcome, Clarissa :-)

i sure appreciate your constant visit and comments, thanks, dear!