Credits

myWeb-Blog Designs

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Beware: The Swiffer Wet Jet

Every once in a while I use cleaning stuff bought at the store even though my husband is against them. But I am very picky when it comes to buying it. I make sure It is safe, easy to use and effective. Right, now I only use scrub for my bathtub and toilet bowl, and I like them. If you like these kinds of stuffs, you better be careful; the swiffer wetjet is one you wouldn't want to use. Read on...

THIS IS TRUE and VERIFIED ON SNOPES.COM

Recently, someone had to have their 5-year old German Shepherd dog put down due to liver failure. The dog was completely healthy until a few weeks ago, so they had a necropsy done to see what the cause was.The liver levels were unbelievable, as if the dog had ingested poison of some kind. The dog was kept inside, and when he's outside, someone's with him, so the idea of him getting into something unknown was hard to believe. My neighbor started going through all the items in the house. When he got to the Swiffer Wetjet, he noticed, in very tiny print, a warning which stated "may be harmful to small children and animals." He called the company to ask what the contents of the cleaning agent are and was astounded to find out that antifreeze is one of the ingredients (actually, he was told it's a compound which is one molecule away from antifreeze.) Therefore, just by the dog walking on the floor cleaned with the solution, then licking its own paws, it ingested enough of the solution to destroy its liver. Soon after his dog's death, his housekeeper' s two cats also died of liver failure. They both used the Swiffer Wetjet for quick cleanups on their Floors. Necropsies weren't done on the cats, so they couldn't file a lawsuit, but he asked that we spread the word to as many people as possible so they don't lose their animals. This is equally harmful to babies and small children that play on the floor a lot and put their fingers in their mouths.

2 comments:

shydub said...

Omg! mao ra ba na used nku cleaning the kitchen floor, ilabay nlng ko na di kay ako nosy nga bata magsugod na pangutingkay kusina. thanks for the info ces.

Christine said...

The Swiffer WetJet system and other Swiffer product ingredients are safe to use around pets. The safety of these products, when used in accordance with label instructions, has been confirmed by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA), independent veterinarians and veterinary scientists (ASPCA.org).